Initially, we only offered downloads of Flare binaries through Sourceforge. Later releasing the game on itch.io allowed us to offer an alternative download location. As of today, we’re going to also offer downloads through Github Releases starting with version 1.11. Because
If you’ve been following closely, you saw that I closed the Flare projects on Transifex yesterday. I cited Transifex as being unsuitable for our workflow. I’ve since been convinced to re-open the project pages and decided shift our workflow slightly
In case you missed it, the Linux/Windows/Mac versions of Flare are available on itch.io.
The Mac OS release of Flare is now on the Downloads page. Thanks to Thomas Leavitt for helping get this done.
We’ve fixed a few issues that were in the 0.95 release. A more complete list of changes since 0.19 will be posted when 1.0 is released. Fixed transform powers not filling the player’s action bar with the transformed creature’s powers.
(Post written by Justin. This blog isn’t really built for multiple contributors, and I don’t know where else to indicate who’s posting.) A web browser version of Flare had long been a distant wish. Thanks to Emscripten, such a wish
Hey everyone, it’s Justin (dorkster). Clint pointed to my blog as a venue for updates in Flare engine development, yet I’ve failed to make a post since then. Some of you have been following the forums and Github closely as
HD art, one slice at a time We have parallel projects going for Flare, based on the strengths that various contributors are bringing to the project. The engine is 1.0 release candidate stage, and ready for a variety of content
Horde of Cuteness! Flare artist Justin Nichol has an amazing new free culture art project live now — Horde of Cuteness! Justin is building a collection of CC-BY-SA (Share-Alike) images especially for the free/libre game dev community. I love the
Blender scripting for Flare animations Clint here. I’ve been away from the day-to-day Flare engine project for a while, but I’m coming back with some things to share. Just figured out an update for the main Python script I use