OSARE v0.04 Release
OSARE v0.04 is ready for download. New to this version is font support and basic menus. I spent a lot of time in the last few weeks creating several iterations of the graphics for the font, menus, and icons
- NOTE: now runs in windowed mode by default (apologies to XP users, windowed mode seems to change the desktop resolution). To run in fullscreen mode use -f or --fullscreen options at command line (easier to use options coming in a future release)
- FontEngine is a class that handles drawing of a bitmap font, with support for left/center/right justify (word wrap coming in a future release)
- Finished the icons for Powers. Commissioned Blarumyrran to finish the icons for the basic set of weapons/armors.
- Character Menu displays the proper info based on the Avatar's stats (level up coming in a future release)
- Powers Menu displays the Avatar's build (dragging powers to the action bar coming in a future release)
- Log and Inventory menus are mostly static. Inventory drag/drop and equipping coming later. I still haven't settled on a design for the Log, which will contain quest info and achievements.
- I refactored all the menus and hud under a MenuManager class. That class controls which menus should be displayed. In a future release it will handle drag/drop between the Inventory, Powers, and ActionBar menus.
- When the core menus are open (Character, Log, Powers, Inventory) the game action is paused.
- The actionbar hotkeys work but clicking on the action bar doesn't work yet. Also, still no way to change the default key bindings. All this coming in future releases.