The second release candidate for Flare 1.13 is now available. For a list of changes since the previous release candidate, see the release notes.
Submissions for translation updates are still open until Jan 30. See the Translations page on the wiki if you’re interested.
- Windows Installer (137 MB)
- Windows ZIP (136 MB)
- Linux 64-bit AppImage (127 MB)
- MacOS DMG (127 MB)
- Android APK (engine only) (14 MB)
- Engine source tarball
Flare 1.13 Release Candidate 2
2 thoughts on “Flare 1.13 Release Candidate 2”
Hello, thanks for all your work.
I have been playing the Emscripten browser version, some thoughts. Might be helpful for 1.14 and beyond.
1) Goblins shouldn’t drop mortar and pestle.
2) Bosses shouldn’t drop two uniques at one time, I saw it happen sometimes.
3) Fog of war should be a toggle on/off thing like parallax effects, if at least after the first game completion. Since dungeons and maps are not randomly generated, it makes little sense to make it permanent.
4) Consider a 4th alchemy ingredient and really think of combinations for potion recipes. Ginseng?
5) Consider adding a grand quest of turning in a massive amount of alchemy ingredients (10k each?) to the alchemist for an endgame item. Maybe a shield or a ring?
6) Consider adding ‘shortcuts’ for some dungeons. For example, Stormrock Ruins. It’s a pain to run through all those spikes again to try and get the boss drop item. Perhaps a quest-triggered teleporter near the door where the NPC died which teleports you to the top right corner of the dungeon, from there it’s a shorter and spike-less run to the boss.
Thanks you! That’s some good feedback. Point #1 is definitely a mistake, and will be fixed for 1.13.