Version 0.16 nears! A suite of very nice engine polish is just around the corner. Some things to look forward to, if you aren’t already playing from source:
- Much improved enemy pathfinding
- New! Enemies move around each other, block paths, surround the hero
- Clean, user-friendly config menu with many options
- Art additions! New wyvern, minotaur animations, female vendor voices, many new portraits
- Under the hood support for unique enemy types (e.g. bosses)
- Transformation! Change into creature form and use their special powers
- Support for orthogonal tile sets!
- Lots more …
I’m tentatively proposing June 30th as the String Freeze Date, with July 7th as v0.16 binary release. We have only a few more tasks to get through, but if those get sticky we may move those dates back one week.