OSARE version 0.05 is now up.
- Added map transitions
- Added a starter dungeon with three wings named Averguard Hold (click for map)
- Added support for hex or dec map data format
- Changed definition files to use = instead of :
- Upgraded zombie steering AI. They now pursue to where they last saw the hero.
- Started refactoring to prepare for more monster varieties
- EnemyManager now holds enemy sound effects, so that we only load one copy of each
- I now use Tiled 0.4.1 to edit map layers
- Reminder: use the command-line argument -f (or –fullscreen) to play in fullscreen mode.
- Changed the tileset to use magic pink as the transparency and removed the tileset alpha layer. This should improve performance on most systems.
- Note to self: in GIMP set Alpha Threshold to 32, then remove the alpha channel onto magic pink.
I’m gathering my resource files (especially the Blender and Tiled files) for a new download archive. Also soon I’ll be putting stuff into Google Code for easy perusal and tracking.