Flare 1.11 is now available for download. Not much in this release, but players now have access to both private and shared stashes. Permadeath characters will of course only have access to their private stash.

Windows

Linux

Changelog

Engine features

• Players now have their own private stash in addition to the shared stash.
  • Expanded the ‘no_stash’ Item variable to account for having multiple stashes.

Engine fixes

• Fix bug where items could be dragged from the vendor window and dropped in the opposite vendor tab.
  • Fix bug that caused item max_quantity to be reset when attempting to append an item definition.
  • Fix bug where Powers with ‘replace_by_effect’ would still use properties from the parent power, such as animation state.

Game updates

• Items that couldn’t be stashed in the last update can now be put in the private stash.
  • Salted Field: moved chest to the south end of the map to prevent easy farming.

Translation updates

• Belarusian (be) update (Zmicer Turok)
  • German (de) update (Wuzzy2)
  • Hungarian (hu) by bzt
  • Ukranian (uk) update (Igor Paliychuk)
Flare 1.11

7 thoughts on “Flare 1.11

• December 30, 2019 at 2:42 pm

You are doing good work. The Game is visually beautiful without being crowded. Story line is interesting. Audio Effects are interesting and sound as though careful thought and effort were put into them. No part of the game flow feels as though the programming was hurried or treated negligently.
    Very thoughtful, very carefully done. Well worth the time a player spends learning the game and exploring its spaces.
    THANK YOU.

• June 26, 2020 at 1:51 am

disagree. get stuck on scenery and no revive when dead. i did not use permadeath. that means i should be able to revive or get sent to town when i die. its does not do that. other than that seems like a good game.

• June 26, 2020 at 1:58 am

If you’re not playing permadeath, you can press Enter to respawn at the beginning of the map. There’s a message that tells you this, but it disappears after a few seconds making it easy to miss. I’ll try to make the respawning process more user friendly.

• March 29, 2020 at 4:03 am

Hello there! ^_^
    Thank you so much for this great game project! Enjoy it a lot…. BUT! 😀
    I admit to not having read all of the documentation yet and I´m only say three hours into the game, there are a couple of rather grave grievances I would like to ask about:

– Will there be a version (or is there a button that I haven’t found?) that keeps the slayn monsters from resurrecting? Areas that the player has “cleared” should stay that way, I find…

– Quests! Those need fixing, pls! A more strict line of events and clearer story would add to the fun immensely. I have found a quest item (some necklace, I think…) that even disappeared on me before I found out whom to bring it to….twice! 😀 Maybe a more “dummy approach” as to who I MUST talk to might help? I remember a game where quest-ladden NPCs had a shiny symbol upon them, indicating they need to be talked to….. just saying 😉

Other than that…. TOP Job, Sir/Team!
    Thanks again for the game!

• March 29, 2020 at 4:18 am

Holy Cow! I’m playing 1.0 !!
    Promise to update ASAP!
    Greetings 😉

• June 17, 2020 at 12:30 am

is this game legit? it looks really good but maybe too good to be true?
    any confirmation would be well appreciated, thanks 🙂

• June 17, 2020 at 12:37 am