Flare 1.10 is now available for download. The most notable new feature is the redesigned pause menu, which incorporates the configuration menu. The changes to the action bar from version 1.09 have been reverted, as all of those options (and more) are available through the pause menu.
Another new thing players might notice is the addition of a low health warning system. The player can choose to display a warning message, change the cursor, or play a sound effect when they are below a specified health threshold. The type of warning and the threshold can be changed in the “Interface” configuration tab.
As for the Empyrean campaign, a few small balance exploits were fixed. We are planning more content additions, such as expanding the alchemy system and utilizing some new tileset art. Stay tuned!
- Installer (Engine + Game) (131.3 MB)
- Engine + Game (131.4 MB)
- Engine (6.7 MB)
- Engine (x86_64) + Game (131.5 MB)
- Engine source (5.7 MB)
- Game (146.8 MB)
- The configuration menu has been redesigned and is now used as the pause menu.
- The interface features from version 1.09 have been reverted due to being accessible from the pause menu.
- Added an Interface option to disable showing hidden entity markers.
- Support floating point values for loot drop chance values.
- Add ‘hide_timeout’ option to stat bar configuration to support auto-hiding. (Leszek Cimała)
- Added an Interface option to disable stat bar auto-hiding globally.
- Add ‘no_stash’ property to item definitions to prevent items from being placed in the stash.
- Add low HP notification system. (Leszek Cimała)
- Add ability to change the minimap zoom level by clicking on the minimap.
- Fixed event activation being tied to distance to the camera position. It is now correctly tied to distance from the player.
- Mouse movement and mouse aim now calculate direction relative to the player instead of relative to the screen.
- Fixed enemy AI so that enemies can now enter combat if a hero ally is in their proximity.
- Fix –data-path command line flag on Windows.
- Fixed dialog not being available if it lacked a topic.
- Fixed loot drop rate bonus having no effect when loot drop chance was too low.
- Fix bug where the wrong requirements were checked for passive powers that had been granted bonus points.
- Items that can’t be stashed are now dropped on the ground upon opening the stash.
- Prevent re-binding the primary Main1 binding, which could break many interactions.
- Removed the ability to re-bind the Ctrl, Shift, Alt, and Delete keys, since they correspond to specific keyboard keys.
- Fix crash when trying to load a mod that contained ‘engine/default_keybindings.txt’. (nwtour)
- Display XP stat bar value as relative to current level instead of total XP. (Leszek Cimała)
- Fix key bindings not working when switched to a non-US keyboard layout. (nwtour)
- Fix segfault when NPC filename is invalid.
- Fix inventory tooltips covering books when using no mouse.
- Fix navigation of dialog menu when using no mouse.
- Fix upgrading powers when using no mouse.
- When using the sdl_hardware renderer on Windows, OpenGL will now be used instead of Direct3D. This fixes the loss of some textures when resizing the window.
- Fixed the “level up” string to represent the ability to allocate multiple stat points. Also note if Power points can be allocated.
- Refactored ‘requires_hpmp_state’ for Powers to check against both stats at once. See the attribute reference for syntax changes.
- Greatly improved performance of loot tooltips.
- Fix bug where high item find chance prevented the player from finding currency.
- Fixed an oversight that allowed easy farming of the Torture Chambers boss and loot chests.
- Made it so that potions and scrolls can not be stashed. This fixes an exploit where players could utilize a low level character to get these items for cheap.
- Added new attack and interact cursors.
- Added sound effect and cursors for indicating low health.
- Belarusian (be) update (Zmicer Turok)
- Brazilian Portuguese (pt_BR) update (Vinicius Rech)
- Catalan (ca) update (Marc Tormo i Bochaca)
- German (de) update (Fyrenic)
- Spanish (es) update (Agustin Ferrario)
- French (fr) update (syl_)
- Scottish Gaelic (gd) update (GunChleoc)
- Japanese (ja) update (sujiniku)
- Portuguese (pt) update (Rui)
- Russian (ru) update (Andrey Kapitonov, Igor Paliychuk, nwtour)
- Ukranian (uk) update (Igor Paliychuk)
- Chinese (zh) update (dumaosen, neverwin)
4 thoughts on “Flare 1.10”
Not being able to stash potions is bad, as it takes too much space and you need potions to fight against bosses. I make those potions spending money, not cheating. So, bad move. I won’t upgrade.
Even though I think it’s completely fair, not being able to store potions at all might have been a short-sighted decision. There’s a 99% chance the next Flare version will give the player a personal stash, which would let the player store these items without being able to cheat.
I’ve put together a mod that restores the ability to stash these items, so feel free to upgrade and use the mod: https://sourceforge.net/projects/flare-game/files/Mods/stash_everything_1.0.zip/download
How to install in android?
Instructions for the Android port are here: https://github.com/flareteam/flare-engine/wiki/Android-Port