Character Classes and Titles
Flare doesn’t use a strict class system. On character creation there are five choices for starting class, but these are essentially default ways to buy level 1 equipment, attributes, and powers:
- Brute: +1 Physical, starts with Dagger and Blood Strike
- Adept: +1 Mental, starts with Wand and Shock
- Scout: +1 Offense, starts with Slingshot and Piercing Shot
- Keeper: +1 Defense, starts with Wooden Buckler and Heal
- Wanderer: no points spent, starts with extra gold
I’ve intentionally renamed these starting classes to reflect a low level of power. I’ve gone in and created three entire tiers of titles that reflect the power a character gains as she grows.
|Attribute||Level 1||Level 5||Level 9|
|Mental Defense||Shepherd||Cleric||High Priest|
|Physical Mental||Sparkblade||Battle Mage||Battle Archmage|
|Offense Defense||Watch||Warden||High Warden|
In addition there are two end-level titles. At level 12 a hero would have three attributes maxed and receive the title Master. At level 16 a hero would have all four attributes maxed and receive the title Grand Master.