And next up…
Version 0.11 will likely center around monsters. Now that the hero has Powers, it’s only fair if we get skeletal archers and goblin witch-doctors.
Features coming up soon that will probably go towards 0.11
- Monsters will have four slots available for powers: physical melee, physical ranged, magical melee, magical ranged
- Move Powers to config files so they’re easy to alter/add
- Add A* pathing to help monsters navigate around obstacles
- Enemies enter combat when their nearby ally enters combat
- Render a few equipment variations of existing monsters
Anything much further ahead is wildly subject to change, but here’s a rough roadmap to the future. Some of these might be broken into multiple releases.
- NPC Vendors
- NPC Dialog
- Very primitive quests
- Title Menu
- Load/Save Game Menu
- Character Creation Menu